Many people are not aware of the importance of having an annual furnace tune-up. Here are some very good reasons why yearly furnace maintenance is essential:
- To make certain that your heating system is receiving proper airflow - If your furnace is receiving limited or restricted airflow, it can lead to a shortened lifespan and increased future repairs
- To keep you safe - The combustion process of furnaces has to be precise in order to maintain safety as well as efficiency. Even a tiny problem may result in gas leakage in your home or unsafe carbon monoxide levels. You cannot take chances with the safety and health of loved ones and yourself
- To reduce the frequency of repairs - Regular maintenance furnace cleaning not only keeps the furnace working efficiently, it also addresses small problems so they won't become major repairs
- To save time - It's much more convenient to get a furnace tune-up before the weather turns cold. Waiting for the repairman in a freezing home during the winter can be painful. It's also much cheaper to tune up your furnace while the weather's still nice
- To improve energy efficiency - All furnace tune-ups ought to include the inspection and cleaning of the heat exchanger and the furnace burner. Besides ensuring a safer operation, it will keep the furnace running effortlessly all winter long
- To maintain the manufacturer's warranty - If your heater's under the warranty of a manufacturer, it's very important that you schedule a furnace tune-up annually. The majority of manufacturers specify that their warranties become void if your heater isn't regularly maintained. Having an annual furnace tune-up will satisfy their requirement and at the same time maintain your warranty
All of the benefits of getting an annual furnace tune-up listed above can be summarized easily - An annual furnace tune-up will save you money and keep you safe. If you're looking for professional heating maintenance services, contact Pritchard Wilson today. We have the heating and plumbing expert you need, whenever you need it!